Data Controller and Processor
- Under the terms of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) Eco-Friendly Garforth (EFG) are both the Data Controller and Data Processor of your personal information.
- The day to day management of your data is the responsibility of the Chair and Hub Worker(s) of EFG and they may be contacted using the following email address: ecofriendlygarforth[at]gmail.com.
- When you provide personal information (such as name, address, email address and phone number) it will be processed and stored with your contact preferences so that it is possible to contact you and respond to your correspondence about matters relating to EFG activities.
- Contact preferences can be one of the following:
- Member who is informed about all events or competitions being run by EFG as a potential attendee or organiser, constitutional and operational meetings and any other occasions where members are needed to support the decision making activities of the organisation.
- Supporter or interested party who is informed about any event or competition that is being run by EFG or selected third parties that may be of interest. In addition they will be informed about the annual AGM.
- The legal basis under which EFG holds your personal data is covered by consent of the data subject.
Email Distribution Lists
- If you provide an email address you will be added to one or other of the group’s email distribution list(s). You can be removed from these lists at any time by emailing your request to: ecofriendlygarforth[at]gmail.com.
- The use of your email address will vary by contact preference as stated above:
- By agreeing to join the Eco-Friendly Garforth members list you agree to share your email address with other members. You will be signed up to a Google Group so that all members can email all others in the group but cannot see their individual email addresses. Members will be blind copied into emails by default. However, they can reply to all other members as they will be able to use the distribution list. When involved in planning an event small sub-groups will use email to contact each other.
- By agreeing to join the Eco-Friendly Garforth “Supporters and Interested Parties list”, you will be signed up to a Google Group that only the group’s workers have access to. You will be blind copied into all emails and people on the list will not be able to email each other.
WhatsApp or Signal Group
- Members and some third parties when planning an event or working within a sub-circle can use WhatsApp or Signal messaging systems. As the need for these groups ends all contacts will be removed from the group and group deleted. Members can leave these groups at any time.
- The group will not share your details with any other third party without your express knowledge and consent.
- All personal information held that relates to people that no longer want to be members of the group, will have their information deleted within 1 month of their request being received.
- The group is aware of the need to ensure the security of personal data. We make sure that your information is protected from unauthorised access, loss, manipulation, falsification, destruction or unauthorised disclosure. This is done through appropriate technical measures and relevant policies. We will only keep your data for the purpose it was collected for and only for as long as is necessary, after which it will be deleted.
- The accuracy of the data held is dependent on the information supplied by the member when joining and during their membership. EFG expects that members will keep the group apprised of relevant changes so that records will be accurate.
- To improve the clarity of this notice, EFG welcomes feedback from members on areas for its improvement.
- You have the right to:
- Be removed from any of the email distibution lists.
- See the information we hold about you.
- Have you history deleted.
- Change the details that are held by EFG about you.
- Raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact the Chair or Administrator of the group and we will investigate the matter. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ico.org.uk).